Timothy FosterFull-Stack Software Engineer
Founder, Technical Author
- Achieved over 30,000 views through technical writing on topics including web accessibility, web components, and frontend best practices.
- Built sifetti.com, a full-stack authenticated web application for efficiently organizing notes, currently integrating feedback received from by beta users.
- Composed three reusable web components with thousands of weekly downloads.
- Discovered, tested, and fixed a bug in the open source SvelteKit web framework.
Senior Consultant Developer
Co-Tech Lead - Healthcare Client
- Revamped the client's data pipeline by introducing a horizontally scalable message queue for processing of claims in parallel, making the system 90% faster.
- Led the design of a Domain Specific Language to bridge communication between the business and developers, shortening the development lifecycle by 40 days.
- Proposed and implemented an architecture that reduced the number of claims our queue needed to process from billions to millions.
Trainer in China/India - ThoughtWorks University
- Mentored 18 entry-level developers and career changers in the fundamentals of agile delivery, test-driven code, and industry software principles.
- Created a visualization of the curriculum which doubled the program's capacity for trainees, enabling the trainer team to identify redundancies.
- Engaged a few dozen trainees in optional sessions about creativity and received feedback about the success of the techniques within their teams.
Frontend Tech Anchor - Home Mortgaging Client
- Published the client's first online origination experience, integrating an isolated React app into the existing Ruby on Rails site to decouple their pipelines.
- Accelerated our deployment to production by four weeks after I introduced Pact contract testing and API stubbing to the team.
- Created codebase alignment through workshops about state management with Redux Sagas, testing React with Enzyme, and functional testing with Testcafe.
- Established a model for working as a distributed US/India team, which became a standard across multiple teams on the client.
API Developer - Food Distribution Client
- Enabled the use of state-of-the-art features by upgrading our Postgres database after I proposed a migration strategy to ensure data integrity.
- Created consistency in the error handling of our inventory REST API after I built an aspect-oriented validation framework in Groovy.
- HTML, CSS, SCSS
- Kotlin, Java, C#
- React, Svelte
- NodeJS, Express
- Jest, Mocha, JUnit
- Spring, Ktor, RabbitMQ
- Azure Devops, Docker
- Postgres, SQL Server
- Web Components
- REST API Design
- Automated Testing
- Web Accessibility
- CI/CD Pipelines
- Agile Delivery
B.S. Computer Science
Texas A&M University, USA
- Researched Creativity Expression
- President of Texas Aggie Game Developers
- Shaken the hand of Apollo 13 astronaut Fred Haise
- Bronze Medal, most innovative game in Ludum Dare competition
- Taken unplanned adventures in India and Ireland
- Writing a science fiction story