The PT Database App is an application for the Texas A&M computer science department to manage schedules for its peer teacher program. Peer teachers help students in class labs by answering questions and offering advice, but with over 50 PTs in the program, managing all of their schedules and updating the website can be a pain. This app serves as a one-way stop for assigning classes, managing office hours, and generating web content.
The PT Database App offers:
- The ability to manage multiple databases, presumably for multiple academic semesters
- The ability to actually assign labs to peer teachers based on a master list of all available courses (in the first version, these had to be hard-coded)
- The ability to assign office hours to peer teachers
- Automatic detection of conflicts between assigned labs, office hours, and the peer teachers' personal course schedules
- The ability to import course schedules in bulk
- The ability to export CSV files of the current assignments
- The ability to generate the web page to an HTML file
This project was created in Haxe using the OpenFL, HaxeUI, and systools libraries.